MaxxECU ECU Support
Introduction to MaxxECU
PNPECU uses any one of the various ECUs produced by MaxxECU for its PNP kits. In many cases some outputs and inputs can be omitted so that a more price favorable ECU can be used to still get the tuning required done. Refer to each target platform solutions below for more information on a per platform basis.
In some case the user is looking to enhance the overall ability of the engine and drivetrain and so a bigger ECU might be required to accomodate the added sensors and outputs, this is for instance when you want to add drive by wire to an engine that before didn´t have drive by wire or when adding flex fuel capability.
MaxxECU has developed some flexibility that might not be clear to the first-time user and is worth mentioning specifically when MaxxECU is compared to other well-known ECUs in the aftermarket at similar price ranges. When used properly these flexibilities give the ECUs features that technically haven´t been written by MaxxECU but the user.
- Any curve or table can have its axis source changed to just about any other real time variable in the ECU
- Any curve or table can have an added 4th axis with multiple values, the ECU then switches between the tables/curves based on this axis.
- This is for instance when multiple boost target tables are desired.
- Any axis can be done via interpolation or step change
- For instance, if two columns next to each other have 50°C (value 100%) and 60° (value 120%) on the X axis, If the current value is 55° then with interpolation the output value is 110%, but with stepped change then the output value will only change from 100% to 120% when it it goes above 55°.
PNPECU Solutions Reference information
- BMW M62 ME5.2
- BMW M62tu non vanos and non drive by wire ME5.2.1 V2
- BMW M62tu vanos and drive by wire ME7.2 V2
You may use our contact page to get further help.
- MaxxECU homepage - (https://www.maxxecu.com)
- MaxxECU ECU comparison (https://www.maxxecu.com/ecu_compare)
- Software download link - MTUNE (https://www.maxxecu.com/downloads)
- MaxxECU Youtube channel - (https://www.youtube.com/user/maxxtuningsweden)
- MaxxECU Facebook community - (https://www.facebook.com/groups/445497409377998/)
- MaxxECU Facebook Projects - (https://www.facebook.com/groups/360660791406036/)